Thursday, February 5, 2009

Owning.

Well, this has been a pretty awesome day. Unfortunately tomorrow I go back to work. Highlights? First of all let me start with yesterday...came in 8th place out of 244 players in the 3k Guaranteed. Only reason I didn't win that tournament was because I started the final table shortstacked (after a bad beat) and had to play push or fold with any playable hand, or the blinds would crush me. Last hand was a coinflip...pushed with 33, A9 offsuit called and hit a 9. Played a good headsup match, busted the guy after 8 hands. Hit a couple of 6 max Sit and Goes, lost a few more coinflips so had 2 second place finishes there. Which is still a good return as far as I'm concerned. (top two out of six are paid)

Took a break and played some guildwars for the first time in quite awhile. It was interesting. My character was quite behind compared to everyone in game though. I had so many quests piled up lol. Then last night I hit up two 25c/50c 6 max ring games at the same time, 30 dollar buy in each. I completely decimated both tables. I am quite convinced now that I need to play many more of those cash games. My style seems to crush every opponent at that level. Not to sound overly confident, just seems quite easy for me. I'm curious as to how things will work out at the higher levels, but I won't be trying those out anytime soon. Midstakes is good enough for now. Anyways, a total of 256 hands played within an hour and a half on those tables. Total profit: $191.05

Now today was better than yesterday in every way. From the first 25c/50c 6 max I jumped into I completely crushed the game. 30 dollar buyin as always, 45 hands this time with a 83.65 dollar profit. Even better, I actually got action on pocket aces woo.
Hand:
SB ($73.55)
BB ($50)
UTG ($14.65)
MP ($16.25)
CO ($42.95)
Hero (Button) ($59.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ah, Ac
1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) Qh, 8c, 5d (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $5.25, MP calls $5.25

Turn: ($15.75) 6h (2 players)
MP checks, Hero raises to $52.45 (All-In), MP calls $8.75 (All-In)

River: ($33.25) 2s (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $33.25 | Rake: $1.65

Results:
Hero had Ah, Ac (one pair, Aces).
MP had 8h, 7s (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero won $31.60

Don't you love calling stations? lol. I had been stealing quite a bit of pots so I got paid off nicely with quite a few of my big hands. Aggressive poker is winning poker. Plain and Simple. Later on this afternoon I was waiting for the big 10k guaranteed tournament to start, so I sat down in another 6 max ring game, same results... these are just too easy for me apparently. 77.26 profit within 30 mins.

Now the absolute best part of my day (with the exception of talking to my wonderful boyfriend earlier nothing can top that) I entered the 10k guaranteed deepstack tournament at 1:30 pm. 3000 starting chips and 15 minute blind levels. So there was plenty of time to sit and wait for hands and figure out your opponents. 214 players entered, I played quite tight in the beginning, got in some good spots and doubled up within the first hour. After that I started opening up my game and stealing some blinds. Tightened my range again and waited.

Once the second break rolled by I had a decent chipstack compared to everyone else. I had plenty of time to sit back and watch, and I played very selectively, usually only in position. My stack kind of went up and down for awhile, from 8k to 16k and back to 8k as I made a few plays with drawing hands. I stayed between 14k and 16k for atleast 40 minutes. At one point I was down to 5k chips with blinds at 300/600.

Tightened up my requirements yet again and slowly chipped back up to a commanding lead. (4th position out of 40 players remaining) Since the top 40 got paid the bubble was the perfect time for me to gain that extra edge. I stole a lot of blinds during that time. Hit some good hands around the top 20. I won almost all of my showdowns. Before the final two tables I didn't go to showdown hardly ever though, most of my wins were uncontested steals or continuation bets on the flop, even a few reraise steals.

When it got down to the final table I was the chipleader by far, I decided to play conservative and watch the other players. There were four super shortstacks, they all got knocked out pretty fast. The second person in chiplead I ended up knocking out strangely. The only reason I was even in the hand was because of being forced by the big blind.

Here is the hand:
Hero (BB) ($203,534)
UTG ($10,7308)
MP ($78,550)
CO ($54,754)
Button ($66,952)
SB ($130,902)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2d, Jd
UTG calls $5000, MP calls $5000, 2 folds, SB calls $2500, Hero checks

Flop: ($23000) Ad, 4s, 6d
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $17777, 1 fold, Hero raises to $76331, UTG raises to $101808 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $25477

Turn: Kd

River: 2s

Total pot: $244,393

Results:
Hero had 2d, Jd (flush, Ace high).
UTG had 4c, 4h (three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: Hero won $244393

Yeah, so I got super lucky there and that added a huge chip advantage to my already huge stack.
I had a perfect read on the MP dude, so that is the reason for my reraise on the flop, unlucky that the UTG girl had limped in with pockets and hit a set. She played it wrong to begin with though. So really I created my own luck there. After that hand I sailed through with in position steals/took out the rest of the players with superior hands.

We had a lot of rail watchers when it got 3 handed and the other guy Elkm was stealing almost every hand, he eventually took out the very predictable rock: bear2554. That guy was hilarious. He basically told us his strategy through the chat. I had a ton of notes and reads on him. Anyhow, I ran this huge bluff on Elkm because he was berating me in the chat about being a woman and how women are weak. Plus he was getting way too aggressive and needed to be put in his place. lol. I'm pretty sure the bluff pissed him off, he didn't try to play back at me anymore after that though. I didn't have to show him the bluff, but there were a lot of fans watching so I did it for them lol.

Here it is. Pretty sick.

Hero (BB) ($380,873)
Button ($56,219)
SB ($204,908)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2s, 3d
1 fold, SB raises to $10000, Hero raises to $26500, SB calls $16500

Flop: ($54500) As, 9s, Qd
SB checks, Hero bets $54500, SB calls $54500

Turn: ($163500) 10h
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($163500) Qc
SB checks, Hero raises to $299373 (All-In), (after a very long pause) 1 fold

Total pot: $163500

Results:
Hero showed 2s, 3d
Outcome: Hero won $163,500


He typed quite a bit in the chat after that and it sent him on tilt. Apparently he had folded A 8 there. I won the tournament after the first 3 hands headsup. Last hand I had a pair of kings on the flop of K62, he went all in with A 6. lol. Poor guy, I didn't get to see much of his play so I can't really say he was a bad player.. but I know he was pretty angry. 2,200 dollar profit. :D My biggest one time cash yet. I am quite happy. I knew I was going to win from the moment I sat down, such a great feeling.

Going to get to bed early, back to work tomorrow. Atleast it will be Friday. I really am thinking about quitting though. Its not worth it. I cannot wait for spring. And oh my, I had a lot to say.

-Sydney-


No comments:

Post a Comment